Monday, March 17, 2008

WPPI - I'm in Vegas Baby!

I traveled to Las Vegas on Sunday with my friend Peter Finger (http://www.peterfingerweddings.com) to attend WPPI - the Wedding and Portrait Photographers International Convention. We've already run into so many other photographers that we know. Within 5 minutes of arrival at Bally's I ran into Joe Buissink who came over and said hello - I had such a fantastic time at his workshop. Later on I saw Cliff Mautner and Susan Stripling at the welcome reception - It was so nice to see them...

One of my goals while here was to work on my lingerie/glamour/budoir photography since there were so many willing models that wanted to enhance their own portfolios. Yesterday afternoon I had the pleasure of working with Marisa (MM# 292950) and her MUA Darcie. Darcie had no plans to do any modeling, but apparently after she saw some of the photos I was capturing she opted in...

Here are a few images from yesterday's shoot... The first two images are of Darcie.









Today is the start of the trade expo where we can see all the things that we should spend our money on ;-) I'll be looking at new album companies like Finao' which I had the pleasure to see last night at one of the suite parties. I realize that it sound like this is all fun and play but I'm seriously here for the seminars, the trade show and to work on my shooting style and technique - all for my clients... I know it sounds like hard work :-)

More to come...
Jeff

No comments: