Wednesday, March 19, 2008

And the beat goes on...

Well day two of WPPI was not as exciting and action packed as the first. I attended two seminars and to be honest only one delivered what was advertised. In the morning I had attended a presentation by Jerry Ghionis who is an award winning Master Photographer from Australia. This guy is a fireball! full of excitement and personality with every word. His style is energetic and he gets the clients trust by being himself. His techniques are simple but effective. I cannot recommend this presentation enough to people - you WILL WALK OUT INSPIRED!

The second seminar was a complete waste and let down. The seminar was on DAM (Digital Asset Management) and it was so boring I nodded off. The presenter was more interested in getting you consider joining a "society" than in getting to the workflow end of things. This was after thirty minutes of speaking into a two hour seminar. A woman sitting next to me leaned over and asked me what time it was - I responded "time to leave". She was grateful that she wasn't the only one bored to tears as we were in the first row! So we both got up and walked out while the presenter looked on in disbelief...

The day was not a total loss as I had the pleasure of working with Regina Anne and Elly, two local models from Las Vegas that were interested in working with me to enhance their portfolios. I think we had a very productive shoot as they are both interested in shooting with me again. It's great when photographers, models and MUA (Make Up Artists) can get together and collaborate to bolster each other's career.

Here are a few shots from the session...





Only one more day left at WPPI and then back to New York - I hear that jet lag is not a lot of fun, so I can't wait ;-)
Jeff

No comments: