Monday, October 19, 2009

In Memory...


Jim with daughter Jamie and son Dan


I was saddened to read this morning that James Fortune passed away on Friday October 16th. On September 27th I had the pleasure of photographing his son Dan's marriage to Alisa at Birch Hill. They moved the wedding up a year because Jim had been diagnosed with cancer.

This was an especially hard wedding to shoot and edit because it hit so close to home for me. My dad passed away 14 years ago from cancer just a little more than a year after Nancy and I were married... As photographers we know our job is sometimes difficult but always special - events like this bring it into perspective.

My heart is heavy with grief for them but I know that Jim held on long enough to bear witness to their union and he was so happy and full of life. Whenever I saw him he had a smile you couldn't wipe away and just such a warm and welcoming look. God bless and rest in peace.
Jeff










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A wonderful tribute to a great guy.